Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Mixing Friends

(Geoff writes) Yesterday a whole bunch of folks wandered into Susan's room. It was a mixture of work friends of years ago and bike group friends and neighbors. And me. Susan had a good time listening and tossing a few thoughts into the mix. Eventually they kicked me out so I could have some time to do ME things, or so they said. When I came back later I discovered they'd done her nails! So much better looking now.

Today she is having a tougher time. The meds are getting heavy now as they are trying to even out her heart rate, which races every so often for no reason. The pressure in her lower belly bothers her and there is a whole library of pain medication for that. Yesterday they took a sample of the fluid in her belly to be analyzed but that takes a couple days to culture. While they had a tube in there they were able to drain over 300cc and that relieved some pressure.

She still wants to get the hell out of here and I can see that, but she needs to get some strength for that.

I just took a break from here around 1pm and I came back to an empty room. I'm sure she didn't break out, her stuff is still here. She was supposed to have a scan tonight. Maybe they got her in early. I'll have to wait and see. The husband of Susan's roommate is also waiting here in the emptiness. His wife went to the OR just before I left. Here we sit abandoned in a big, empty room. At least we have a water view!!

I just need to let you all know that I won't post unless there is something that needs to be said. Posting "same shit, different day" just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. So please don't panic if you don't hear from us for a few days in a row. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad she had company, a few laughs and a manicure. And glad you got some time to yourself. Johndavid & I send love to you both ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also glad to hear Susan had a bunch of company that let her be Susan! Maybe a short time forgetting about all this! And glad that you could do your thing, Geoff!
    Roz Hugs ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always, always, ALWAYS thinking of Susan and you Geoff. Michele and I send strength, love, and light with all that we have.

    Big Love,
    Michele and James

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing Susan’s pretty manicure next time I come. I wonder what color it is. xo Deidre

    ReplyDelete