Wednesday, March 6, 2024

3.1 !!!

Yesterday was another long one.   Got to clinic at 10 and didn't get home until 3:30,  First stop vampire shop.  Then to see the nurse, Siri. - Perfect. Told her still not eating and doing my best to drink.  For someone not eating I'm not sure how I managed to gain 2 pounds.  More drugs were introduced to stimulate my appetite. We'll see, I need to eat.  I have no energy whatsoever. The lab test came down and although I should have been happy, I was numb because I still do not feel right.  But this is really great news,  If this continues to go down, I don't want to jinx it by saying the good stuff out loud. 

After the exam, it was on to the infusion room  Got a chair in the back.  Thank god for the Price is Right.  My nurse came in and asked what was wrong.  The guy next door must be deaf, The only between our chairs was the privacy curtain.  The TV volume was blasting me away.  Morgan said she would look for another room.  Would I mind a bed? No.  It did take a while but eventually, we were able to move. Well, it was like moving into the Ritz - adjustable bed, large room,  and a door that closes.  Which was great since we were in that room for almost 4 hours.  Morgan signed me up for a bed, if available, for future treatments. We brought the Sunday Crossword which killed a lot ot time  Got through all my IVs and a pump.  "Baby is coming home,"

Got home and the genetic testing girl wanted to discuss the results.  I do not have the gene for this cancer but I do have a mutant gene unrelated to any of this.  It is called BLM gene.  It all gets very techy and stuff to share with my family,  So that concludes the technical portion of this post.

Since the onset of this whole mishigas started - which I think is just about 2 weeks ago, I have been feeling numb.  Which is to say not feeling anything.  No smiling, no laughter, no tears - that was the biggy!  I'm sure a lot it is due to the meds.  Have no energy.  So a lot of emails didn't get read.  Well I have been trying to keep up,  First was talking to my brother,  It lifted my heart hearing his voice.  Honestly I will always talk to him except if I'm sleeping,  It has always been just the two of us.  And now we need each other now more than ever.  Then it was on to the cards and notes and packages.  My half sister and husband sent a great bag "Random Crap" funny stuff. Susan N sent a bag of headwraps and caps. Each and everything I read came straight through the heart.  But for whatever reason, Amy, my sister-in-law's card broke the dam. Not sure why, but I cried the big tears and that was best gift of all - although her package was pretty cool too! So am I on my way to being "human" again?  I sure hope so.  I'm dying - literally to get back on the dance floor.......

Thank you all again keep sending all that good juju!

Love you all. Take care of each other -s

7 comments:

  1. Good news - YAY!!!! Love you, sending lots of good juju ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you’re winning the battle between you and Billy R.
    Good job! Love you …. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers everyday for you and Geoff ,Love you Susan !❤️🙏🏻🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news that the numbers are down! Miss you and G. XO PnJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one was well worth waiting for. Your creative and personal writing style can't be bullied by the smorgasbord of medications that you've been exposed to. They are supposed to help but it's that side affects part that needs to back off. Glad your request for relief from the noisy neighbor was taken seriously and by the right person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to hear your voice through your updates. 🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete